Sunday, August 15, 2010

Feather River Hospice Thrift Shop, Paradise California

If you come to my sweet little town of Paradise, as a thrift shopper, you're going to want to visit the Hospice Thrift Shop, located at 6848 Skyway bldg P. It's staffed by volunteers, and the place is huge, containing everything from paperback books and music of all kinds, to clothing of all sizes and gently used furniture.

I love the Hospice Thrift Shop primarily for its sale prices on tested appliance. Every appliance is tested and labeled with the date tested and initials of the individual who tested it. It's where I got my last coffeepot for two bucks. I've had the thing for four years and still going strong.

The clothing at the Hospice Thrift Shop is outstanding. A friend got a sturdy lined wool winter coat there several years ago for six dollars and she'll probably have it for decades.

The furniture selection is usually good, and when I move again to my own place it may be my first stop in refurnishing.

All donations to the Hospice Thrift Shop benefit the Paradise Hospice and are kindly received.

No comments:

Post a Comment